Oh it was a lovely day here in the ‘Peg yesterday. I was sitting on the bus, looking around at everyone wearing their spring jackets instead of their bulky parkas, and I smiled. Inwardly, of course…I wouldn’t want some of the riff-raff on particular bus getting the wrong idea!
It was just so lovely that we just had to grab the dog and head to the dog park. And get this…we didn’t even wear mittens. Ha! Well, Ben did and that is a good thing, because he insisted on making a snowball to give to Charlie to “eat”, and when she wouldn’t, he did. So he carried around this snowball, munching away on it, offering it to Ella and other random dogs as well. And no, it was NOT made of yellow snow. And we did advise him not to eat it, just in case. This is, after all, snow that dogs have done lord-knows-what on. But he’s 4 and what can you do?
Ella and I didn’t so much walk around the dog park, as stand around the entrance and say hi to all the dogs coming in. Gord and Ben took Charlie around for a real walk. And Ben had to pee. I guess it’s easier for guys, eh gals?
And when we got home, we made sure to call Ruby & Fiona, ‘cause they turned 2 YEARS OLD yesterday! Ben keeps asking when we can go to their birthday party…man, it sucks that they live so far away!
Tonight, it’s Ben & Ella & Mommy night, wherein Mommy just puts the kids in the bathtub after supper because she’s ready to sell them on eBay. Cheap. Oh, I’m just kidding grandparents! The reason we’re alone is that Gord has his weekly bridge night tonight, with his 3 surrogate mothers (no offense to his real mother, of course!).
I always kind of look forward to these nights, and not just because Gord’s out of the house (love ya lots hon!) but because I can usually make something different for supper. You know, something that Gord doesn’t mind missing. Like chili, for instance, which is what is in my crockpot at home right now. Yum. Ben was excitedly telling Gord this morning about how we were going to have chili for supper and how he was going to eat it without me having to plead/beg/fight him on it. And if Ben *actually* eats any chili, I’ll…well, it doesn’t matter, ‘cause he’ll hate it. ‘Cause it’s spicy. Where spicy means “having any flavor whatsoever”. Sigh.
Bring on Ben & Ella & Mommy night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I know what you mean about not having to fight about what is going to be for supper. Terry eats meat...that's pretty much it...no carbs...which means no pasta, most veggies, anything good! When we don't have to make supper for Terry, we actually get to have something different for supper! Yeah!
Post a Comment