Wednesday, December 12, 2007

So much to update...

so little time to do it!

What's happened since we last blogged...

We went to see Walking With Dinosaurs. It was so totally cool, it's hard to describe. There was a man on the floor with the dinosaurs - the palaeontologist - and he talked about the environment and the types of dinosaurs and the like. Ben wasn't too scared, until the end. There were two herbivores out on the floor, wandering around, and the palaeontologist explained that the one thing that could break through the armour of the dinosaurs was the fiercest, most feared animal ever to roam the planet...the tyrannosaurus rex! And the screen lifted and out ran a little baby t-rex! So cute! But then momma rex came out, screaming, and that's when Ben hid his face in the seat! I brought him up on my lap for the last little bit, and he was fine. Gord and I thoroughly enjoyed the show, and we think Ben really did too! We didn't take the camera, 'cause we didn't think they'd let the audience take pictures, but they did. Even though there was a risk that the flashes would spook the dinos and cause a rampage! Ha ha ha!

This past Sunday, Chris, Sheri and I went to the Bon Jovi concert. OH MY GOD. So incredible. When we bought our tickets, we ended up in a section beside the stage (it was a 360 degree bowl). So we knew there was a chance our view would be obstructed. However, I guess when they actually set up the equipment, our view was completely blocked. So we were relocated up to 5th row, same section, but in front of the end of the stage! RIGHT WHERE JON BON JOVI CAME OUT THE DOOR ON THE STAGE. Like 15 feet from me. He is amazing! I was screaming my lungs out the whole concert. I swear, he looked at Sheri and I once! The girls at work were all jealous of our seat upgrade and laughing at my account of the evening! Can you tell I had a good time? Again though, no camera. I didn't want to bring our big digital SLR to the concert. I used my cell phone camera, but those pictures aren't that great. Oh well, I have the images seared onto my brain!

Ella is starting to say more stuff now (thank goodness!). Added to her repertoire now:

Pretty - sounds like pih-eeee - used to describe all things Christmas
Santa - sounds like data
Ho ho ho - yep, it sounds like it's supposed to!
Then she tries to say Merry Christmas, but it's just a bunch of syllables
And cheese for the camera!

BTW, I'm watching Love Actually right now. I love this movie. And it's all about Christmas. And it's funny. And it has Hugh Grant and Colin Firth and Liam Neeson and the yummy guy that Laura Linney likes. Whatever his name is. But it has Kiera Knightley in it. I don't get her appeal. She's way too skinny. But Hugh Grant is in it, so that pretty much makes up for anything!

Here are some pictures...enjoy!

Goofing around before bed:



Pinning down his little sister:


Here is the letter that Ben had me write to Santa (beyond cute!):


"Cheeeeeeeeeese!"


Hamming it up for the camera:

No comments: